Paige is a parent educator and writer specializing in gentle parenting, consensual living, and Nonviolent Communication (NVC).
She believes that parenting is one of the best vehicles for social change and that motherhood should be empowering for women not a reason to be relegated to the sidelines of society (and certainly not divided in “mommy wars”).
She has been writing for 8 years about her decade-long struggle with infertility, parenting, and women’s issues at BabyDustDiaries.
She is the founder of ParentingGently.com, which promotes a positive, respect-based parenting model and co-founder ofNursingFreedom.org, a resource for mothers to learn their Federal and State breastfeeding laws and rights.
She is a regular contributor to EverydayFeminism.
Book Paige Now!
To arrange to have Paige speak at your event, please complete this form here and we will be in touch soon.
Her presentations include:
- Transformative Parenting: Finding Your Parenting Path – Becoming a parent is a huge opportunity for personal growth. The responsibility that children bring focuses a spotlight on our own values and habits in new ways. This workshop will help parents delve into their own parenting assumptions, road blocks, and fears and guide them in finding their authentic parenting path. For a preview, check out Paige’s article entitled,
- NVC for Parents: Solving Conflict with Compassion – Paige takes the tenants of Nonviolent Communication (NVC) and applies it to the parent/child relationship. Parents will learn a new “language” of compassion through skills in empathetic listening, observing without judgement, and requesting without demanding. This shift of communication can vastly improve your relationship with your child and create a peaceful home.
- NVC for Kids – This interactive workshop is for children ages 5-10 and their parents (younger children welcome). Participants will learn Nonviolent Communication skills through fun stories, music, and activities featuring loveable animal characters. Based on Giraffe Tales by Kathleen Macferran
- Let’s Talk About Sex! – This class is for parents of children of all ages. Talking about sex and sexuality begins at birth but many of us have limited experience in talking openly and frankly about it. This program helps parents plan for conversations with their children about: bodies, sex, sexuality, and gender. For a preview, check out Paige’s articles entitled, ”Let’s Talk About Sex Part I: Yes, It Starts at Birth“ and ”Let’s Talk About Sex Part II: Your Curious Toddler and Preschooler.”
- Gender Neutral Parenting 101 – This talk is based on Paige’s book Gender Neutral Parenting: Raising kids with the freedom to be themselves. She discusses the whys and hows of parenting without the restrictions of the gender binary.
All topics can be adapted to be presentations, keynote speeches, or workshops and can be tailored to the audience.