Last year’s Carnival of Gentle Discipline was a wonderful success. Our participants posts were read widely and helped spread the word that there IS another way to parent that is non punitive. This year, let’s do it again!
The 2nd Annual Carnival of Gentle Discipline will take place June 27 through July 1.
How can you participate?
There are lots of ways!
- Original Posts – Submit an original post on a Gentle Discipline topic (see below for ideas) to be posted on your blog during the week of the Carnival. This should be a well-written, unpublished piece submitted by June 19th using the submission form. You will receive instructions on when to post and header/footer information to include in your post. I will be grouping posts by topic to debut on different days through out the week so you may submit multiple posts and they will be listed on a different day between June 27 and July 1. The deadline for submission is June 19!
- Crème de la Crème – As part of the Carnival we want to round up all of the past year’s best posts about Gentle Discipline that are already out there. Submit a link to your favorite previously-published post (by you or another blogger) using our suggestion form. The links will also be shared throughout the week of the Carnival. You can submit multiple posts.
- Discussion – Last year we had great discussion around many of the posts from bloggers and readers. In the end this is the most valuable part of the Carnival! I received several emails from people thanking me for opening their eyes to another way (perhaps you did too?) and that is the heart of this Carnival.
Oh, yeah, and PRIZES! All of the Original Posts that are part of the Carnival will be entered to win the 2010 Carnival of Gentle Discipline Essay Contest. The best part? YOU get to decide who wins by voting on your favorite posts during the Carnival! The winner and runners-up will receive awesome blog bling and a spectacular product prize to be announced later.
A Carnival and a Crusade
- Your childhood experience with/without GD
- Why you choose GD with your kids
- GD during difficult situations
- Societal/family pressure to spank or give time outs
- Permissiveness – the slippery slope and how to avoid it
- Creating a “yes” environment
- Using time-in instead of time-out
- The dangers of praise
- Respecting children’s feelings
- Discipline through play
- Sex differences in GD (apply differently to boys/girls? is this desirable?)
- “The Hardest Part of GD is…”
This is just a sample. Feel free to post on any related topic! Topics prohibited include spanking, corporal punishment, love-withdrawal, positive conditioning, parent-forced time-outs, withholding of basic care such as food, etc.
Please spread the word about the Carnival! The more participants we have to stronger the cry for Gentle Discipline! I’m a tiny blog in a big pond! Help me get the word out! We will have a custom blog badge for the carnival, but in the meantime spread the word with the “I am a Gentle Parent” blog badge!
<a title=”Carnival of Gentle Discipline” href=”http://www.babydustdiaries.com/2010/04/carnival-of-gentle-discipline-call-for-submissions-now-with-100-more-button/” mce_href=”http://www.babydustdiaries.com/2010/04/carnival-of-gentle-discipline-call-for-submissions-now-with-100-more-button/”><img src=”http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2149/4508083303_5d00dcce0f_o.jpg” mce_src=”http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2149/4508083303_5d00dcce0f_o.jpg” alt=”Gentle Parent – art by Erika Hastings at http://mudspice.wordpress.com/” width=”120″ height=”120″ /></a><br /> This beautiful button is from the art of Erika Hastings at Mud Spice