Now available on DVD and Blueray! Tales From the NICU Season 1: The Asher and Boston Chronicles. This action packed season includes the following episodes.
- The Ginormous Preemies – In this episode we see Asher and Boston break 6 lbs! They are at least a pound larger than any of their room mates in the NICU North. Watch as Nurse Joanie tells Mom and Dad, “these preemie clothes don’t fit any more you need newborn stuff!”
- We Can Sleep If We Want To – In this episode Asher and Boston remind Mommy and Daddy that despite their impressive, non-preemie-like size they are in fact still 35 weekers and will sleep when they want. Especially when Mommy and Daddy want them to eat. Six pounds doesn’t negate the fact that they are 2 weeks from anyone’s definition of “term” and 5 weeks from their Due Date.
- Bottles, We Don’t Need No Stinking Bottles (alternate title: Boobies, We Don’t Need No Stinking Boobies) – In this episode Asher and Boston contentedly take their meals by nasalgastric tube (NG) despite Mommy and Daddy’s attempts to coax them to suck on a bottle and/or boob.
- Mommy Needs a Xanax – In this episode Mommy has a nervous break down watching all the babies around her twins get discharged – some even smaller than Asher and Boston. Never forget – NICU nursing is as much about being a therapist to moms as it is being a caregiver to babies.
*Bonus Webisode* – We Are Lucky But This Still Sucks – In this supplementary webisode we see that, despite having big, healthy preemies, having babies in the NICU is still really, really hard. Yes, Mommy and Daddy (mostly Mommy) feel guilty knowing others have much more hurdles to climb with their preemies and that they are deliriously lucky. That doesn’t make it fun.
- Adventures in Preemie Breastfeeding – Boston has his Daddy’s freakishly high palate and recessed bottom jaw. Watch Mommy and Liz, the Lactation Consultant, try every trick in the book to get him latched for longer than 5 seconds. A nipple shield saves the day and Boston suckles for 20 minutes!
Stay tuned for Season 2 when Asher and Boston eventually wake up enough to eat. Will they go 2 full days without an NG feed and finally go home?