I finally caught up in my Reader so I have a long list today! Here is some of the great stuff I read this week! You can always see what I’m reading at my Google Reader Public Page. Visit Authentic Parenting and Hobo Mama for more Sunday Surfing!
There were so many great posts related to breastfeeding! Don’t forget you can help normalize breastfeeding by participating in the Carnival of Nursing in Public.
- Avent Survey Suggests Half Of New Moms Aren’t Comfortable with breastfeeding in public from A Good Clean Life
- Side-lying nursing: A breastfeeding tutorial to give… from Hobo Mama – Talk about practical! In addition to my post about FAQs on Cosleeping, this post will really help you begin your cosleeping journey. Learning to nurse in a side-lying position was a God-send to me!
There were several great posts about Religion and Breastfeeding:
A couple To Do items for you:
- iTunes from Why Not Train A Child? – A Gentle Discipline call to action! “The Pearls are asking their followers to go to iTunes and leave positive ratings and reviews for their shows. We should probably go help balance that out.”
- Settling the Cosleeping Controversy with Dr. James… from Attachment Parenting International Blog – this is a live teleseminar with James McKena of the sleep institute. DATE: Monday, June 28, 2010 TIME: 9 pm ET/6 pm PT
Some great How-to’s and Food for Thought:
- Essential Equipment for Baby Led Weaning from Diary of a First Child – You can also read about our BLW journey.
- Should We Wait to Cut the Umbilical Cord? from Attachment Parenting International Blog – See also my posts of the Amazing Placenta.
In the Laugh Out Loud catgory:
- If Truth in Advertising Was Applied to School Mottos from Unschooling Rules – This will make you laugh. E.g. “Dedicated 110% to compliance with state and federal guidelines created by politicians you have since voted out”
And two honorary members of my What Every Parent Should Know series documenting toxins and threats to our health:
- Please Don’t Pass Sterility To Your Children from A Nourishing Home – What every parent should know about GMOs.