What? It is Monday? Oh man. I’m so behind! We’ve had quite a week here and I’m quite behind on my Google Reader so I’m sure there will be more next week when I catch up! Here is some of the great stuff I read this week! You can always see what I’m reading at my Google Reader Public Page. Visit Authentic Parenting and Hobo Mama for more Sunday Surfing!
- Calling It Quits on Prenatal Madness from Escaping To My Happy Place – I love this article. It encapsulates how I felt about gestational diabetes. If I get pregnant again I’m not sure what I’ll do but I think that the way women are treated during pregnancy about their blood sugar is awful. I think it is in part a problem that this next article misses…
- Obese Mothers a Burden on Hospital Resources – NYTimes.com from www.nytimes.com – This article cites statistics about overweight women having more interventions but never questions that it might NOT be due to their weight. How are OBs and Hosptials treating overweight women? Are they assuming their babies will be oversized? Are they assuming their blood sugar will be high?
- Loving Children In Their Love Language from The Parenting Passageway – I love the book The Five Love Languages but I haven’t read the Love Languages of Children yet.
- What is Sacrifice? from My World Edenwild – I love how Lisa asks us to question what we think about sacrifice. Is parenting a sacrifice? Is that good or bad?
- Parenting Tools of Detachment from peaceful parenting – Cartoon by Hathor the Cowgoddess. Enough said.
Sorry so sparse! More next week!