The concept of second hand smoke is widely accepted at this point. Second hand smoke meaning inhaling the smoke of a cigarette that is being smoked near you. Third hand smoke is the lingering particulate matter that clings to clothes, curtains, carpets, furniture…everything. Research is showing it is just as harmful as second hand smoke, particularly for infants.
We know the smoke is bad but here are some of the things that are solid particles that you can pass to your children:
- Hydrogen cyanide (used in chemical weapons).
- Carbon monoxide.
- Toluene (found in paint thinners).
- Chromium (used to make steel).
- Cadmium (used to make batteries).
- Polonium-210 (a highly radioactive carcinogen).
Thanks for quitting dad – you are a great example! Love you.