I’m so bored I want to cry! It isn’t that I don’t have things to do but I miss the PEOPLE!! I’m an extrovert, I need my peeps.
But really, I’m so grateful that I have the opportunity to work from home and continue to get a paycheck while on bedrest. I know many people don’t have that option. What if I was a Nurse or a Teacher? I would be going broke and doing I don’t know what (welfare, disability?). I feel blessed by God that my situation with the SPD doesn’t make me have to choose between work or my health. I can do both!
That being said, here is a list of good things and bad things about telecommuting:
- I’m in my jammies
- I haven’t brushed my hair
- I have a kitchen full of food and can eat when I want
- I only have to walk to the kitchen or bathroom, greatly reducing my pain
- I can get all kinds of stuff done that there is never time for at the office
- Telecons – a little interaction, thank God!
- I’m craving interaction!
- I have to do a lot more work because I have to report to my boss every day (no socializing days or “cleaning out email” days!)
- Telecons – still feel disconnected, worried about sniffling or coughing. Is everyone making faces at me?
- Did I mention I haven’t brushed my hair and that I’m wearing the SAME jammies? ewww.